If you have a Placid PRO account or use our WordPress plugin, you can add and edit text elements in the editor. To open a template in the editor, click the "Edit Template" button when you're logged in on placid.app (PRO subscription) or in WordPress under Tools > Placid Social Images > Templates (plugin users).
Add a Text Element
Click on "Create new Text Element" to add a text element to your canvas.
Edit a Text Element
If you choose a text element in your layer list, two additional panels with settings will appear: Position and Text Element. You will find more information on the Position in our guide on How to position elements in your template.
Add Default Text
In the Text Element Panel, you can add a default text for your text element. This text will be displayed in your generated images if:
- ..you don't override it with dynamic content, so f.ex. your Posting Title or
- ..the element is not set to "dynamic". (See more about this in our guides on How to prepare elements to be used in WordPress and How to prepare elements to be used via the API (for Developers)
You can also use this field to try out texts of different lengths to see if your template fits your needs.
Change Font & Style
- Font: Choose between x Google Fonts in different weights
- Font Color: Choose your text color
- Font Size: Define the default text size
- Line Height: Define the line spacing of your text box
- Font Styles: Choose between different font styles (italics / underline / strikethrough)
The textbox settings determine how the element will handle text.
Choose how it behaves if your text gets too long:
- Plain Text: If the text gets too long, it will overflow its box.
- Fit: If the text gets too long, it will change its size to fit the box.
- Single Line ...: If the text gets longer than one line, it will be cut off with an ellipsis (...) at the end.
- Clamp: If the text gets longer, it will be cut off with an ellipsis (...) at the end.
And other settings:
- Text Alignment: Choose where in your textbox you want your text to be aligned (top, middle, bottom)
- Background Color: Choose the background color of your textbox.